"Atik Titan test failed"

• Thank you received: 375
I can tell you one thing. I wouldn't exchange this CCD to any other :) It really depends how you use it because it's not perfect for everything, but still it is very good CCD.
8 years 2 weeks ago #8094

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 223
my setup is:
Odroid C1 --> Yepkit USB Switchable Hub (with a 5v3A power supply) ..> USB cable --> Titan
8 years 2 weeks ago #8095

I know it's a good one, I had it working on my old (very old) Windows XP laptop.....
8 years 2 weeks ago #8096

• Thank you received: 375
How do you power your Odroid? Separate power supply or from USB hub?
I was facing some problems while powering RPi from separate power supply, including closed loop problems which generated bizzare artefacts on the CCD when powering from separate source. All of these problems are gone since I power my RPi from the USB hub. This takes one of the USB ports but it's worth doing this anyway.
8 years 2 weeks ago #8097

The odroid has it's own power supply.
Well, I have a monster of a power supply, it's a 12V one with lots of amp (can't remember the spec) and I have some 12v to 5v converters.
8 years 2 weeks ago #8098

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by NickK on topic "Atik Titan test failed"

Judging by the randomness it could be a timing issue. If the drivers are expecting a certain timing based on a particular host or a particular setup in terms of hub etc it could be the reason for a timeout.

One thing I don't like about libusb is it's habit (code wise) of combining error codes so you don't know why thing have happened..If the download took longer or some how got mangled then it's likely to cause a problem.

The sad thing is I can visualise the original driver source.. and my rewrite that formed part of AOSX many moons ago. I can help guide/troubleshoot but I can't go into details about the drivers.
ODROID C2 Ubuntu
8 years 2 weeks ago #8099

Any help is good help. Just for the sake of it, I'm going to downgrade my Atik driver to an earlier one.
8 years 2 weeks ago #8100

INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Hmm depends on the behaviour of the driver during a download.
If the download fails to reach it's completed image - I'm assuming it will wait until a time out. If it times out I assume it will not provide the BLOB (image) to INDI.

Not sure on the linux way but the OSX operating system will return all or nothing - so if you ask for image then if there's one byte remaining you don't get anything (not even the bytes that have been read!) It may be that C2 with ubuntu is too slow to read the data in the time out setup by the driver?

I've managed a 383L image, but will setup the titan later on with the C2 and see if the issue still exists.
ODROID C2 Ubuntu
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by NickK.
8 years 2 weeks ago #8108

I'm using the 1.1 atik driver from CloudMakers, I have the Atik 314L+ connected to the same USB board and that works flawlessly.
I can't see why the Odroid C1 would be too slow for the Titan and fine for the 314.
8 years 2 weeks ago #8109

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Just to say, focused on the automation build today but I hope to have that finished and then have the cameras all setup.

Only issue is that I have to RMA my C2 during the week as the HDMI port has stopped working.
ODROID C2 Ubuntu
8 years 1 week ago #8143

Time to create page: 0.569 seconds