INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Pointers to Help Color in Images

• Thank you received: 3
The camera is a Canon 1300D. The software is the latest bleeding edge daily build kstars. The OTA is a Celestron 9.25. The capture sequence is 50 x 10 second images. The target is 'the wall' area of North America Nebula. The images are 'raw fits' format. The issue is I do not see any color in any of the images before or after stacking. I have taken this same area with another camera, software stack and color was maintained, present in the final image.
My question is:
a. are there configuration parameters? (debayering is set and processing limits cleared EKOS setup)
b. are there alternative processing methods to preserve colot.
(As a side note I am currently aiming the scope to a line of evergreens about 3/8 of a mile away. The sky is blue and the tree is green. The fits viewer displays in black and white. If I slide the display bars unnatural colors are displayed)
Thanks in advance, Dan
9 months 3 weeks ago #93778

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Depends on which processing software you're using. You need first to debayer the image to its RGB components.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Sawyer
9 months 3 weeks ago #93781

Thank you.
I am capturing images with kstars as raw - fits. I am using Siril to stack images. I have collected images both with 1x1 binning and 2x2 binning. The first observation is the 1x1 binned images are 'green' while the 2x2 images are black and whits. Since both kstars and Siril work with the image is there anything about kstars converting the image from 1x1 to 2x2 that would effect color?
I believe in all cases Siril is debayering the images.
Is there anyway to inspect the 1x1 and 2x2 kstars captured images to review them?
9 months 3 weeks ago #93792

Second update: I setup Siril live stacking and the 'green' tint is not present in live stacking. It would appear the green above is likely related to Siril and not kstars.
9 months 3 weeks ago #93793

• Thank you received: 4

The result is "green" debayerized images because the Bayer mask consists of one red, one blue, and two green pixels. In Siril 1.2.0-rc1 there is a "Chain Channels" button in autostretch mode. This results in a more balanced image. But only when displayed in Siril. The images must be color calibrated before saving.

I have no idea about 2x2 bin images have bw pallete. They must also be debayered.

Can You share examples of Your images?

Besides Kstars has settings for autodebayer fits images. You can view bin 2x2 images in KStars FITS-viewer when autodebayer option is on.
Last edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by Vladimir.
9 months 3 weeks ago #93801

Time to create page: 0.677 seconds