INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

OpenCV for UVC USB Camera driver needed

• Thank you received: 226
I purchased an OEM sensor based on the very sensitive SC2210 sensor, but it isn't behaving very well with V4L2 driver. It can stream, and some of the formats are available. But the primary issue is it is not getting most of the camera properties. Things such as exposure control remain undefined. Only Brightness, Contrast and Saturation are defined. Capturing only works with MJPG mode. Defined exposures are forced to use Additive Stack mode. Fortunately I've been informed by the supplier that their clients use OpenCV function libraries to control the cameras. I believe that can be supported by V4L2, but not by default.
If this can be added, or a suitable driver created around OpenCV, compliant UVC USB webcams, that would be very helpful.
Thank you kindly.
9 months 3 weeks ago #93812

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

There is INDI Webcam driver that uses ffmpeg IIRC.
9 months 3 weeks ago #93815

There is. That would be the V4L2 Driver I was getting some use out of. But it does not appear to use the OpenCV libraries I've been informed of.
9 months 3 weeks ago #93820

It appears someone started to work on an OpenCV CCD driver years ago, but never finished it.
sourceforge.net/projects/indi-opencv/
9 months 3 weeks ago #93831

I hope OpenCV cameras can be looked into. These OEM sensors are a pretty good value if one is willing to DIY a body for them. But I was not anticipating this issue after my seamless experience with an OV9281 previously.
The code I found earlier appears to be a good start, but it predates INDI 2.0, so I couldn't get it to compile. It is also missing exposure control. I hope someone can take it on and complete it.
Thank you.
9 months 2 weeks ago #93882

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds