INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Indi Zwo Asi Bandwidth and darks question

• Thank you received: 6
Hi all,
I updated from Ekos 3.6.3 to 3.6.6 which meant upgrading to Indi 2.0.0 which in turn updated the zwo drivers and reset the profiles on my camera.
I cannot confirm with 100% confidence whether the USB bandwidth setting I was using before the update was the default 40 or 80.
Am I correct in assuming that there should be no correlation between that setting and dark calibration accuracy, so I don't have to reshoot my dark library?
This is an ASI1600MM-PRO
7 months 1 week ago #95947

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 282
I can't think why that setting would affect the imaging data but if you are concerned then you could shoot darks for 1 exposure period and produce a master dark in your usual way. Then compare the new master dark with your "old" set. You could use fitsviewer in Ekos which will give you basic metrics like mean / median / max / min values. Or, of course, use some post processing software.

If the old and new are the same then you're done; if not then it'll be time to redo the dark library.
7 months 1 week ago #95956

• Thank you received: 114
Yes because ASI1600 use DDR RAM buffer USB traffic should have no effect on images.
7 months 1 week ago #95958

Time to create page: 1.177 seconds