INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Sudden failure of Touptek driver

• Thank you received: 31
Risingcam IMX571c camera
This is a weird one. I had not used my setup since mid-December. Today I was doing some indoors testing with ways to take flats. One of my test exposures failed to leave "Capturing". This is not (unfortunately) all that unusual. The driver eventually crashed, so I stopped and restarted KStars & Ekos. From then on, any exposure looks like:

Stopped and restarted a couple more times. Tried capturing a dark a flat and a light - all the same. Shut down all power and rebooted. Still the same. I have used the camera previously with the Omegon driver, so I loaded that profile. That works normally.

Updated all the software, including of course to the latest KStars main branch build. Still corrupted images with the toupcam driver.

Is it possible to replace just the touptek driver, in case the file itself somehow became corrupted?

I don't see anything too odd in the log from when the crash occurred.

File Attachment:

File Name: log_11-36-04.txt
File Size:456 KB
3 months 3 weeks ago #97916
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 31
No one ever replied - which is understandable given that I now know what happened. I switched to using the Omegon Pro driver, which works fine. After updating to 3.6.9 I figured the toupcam driver for my installation should be repaired and had another try - with the same weird result.

But, when I checked the statistics in fits viewer (which I guess I had not done when it first showed up), I had separate R G and B stats. The problem, as it turns out, was that my toupcam driver had somehow set to RGB mode instead of RAW-16. How? Who knows. But it is fixed now.
2 months 2 weeks ago #98964

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.332 seconds