INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Driver for SVBony SV305 camera

• Thank you received: 0
Does anyone know when KStars will be updated to support the SVBony SV305 camera the way AstroDMx was updated yesterday?
3 years 7 months ago #59218

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 16
AstroDMx_Capture was updated to version 0.78.3 yesterday to add support for the newly-repaired SVBONY305 SDK. There were problems in the initial release of the SVBONY305 SDK that plagued both the indi driver and...well...realistically anyone who was trying to support the camera. AstroDMx_Capture added support for the 305 for its PI 32 and 64 bit distros. They have supported the camera with INTEL/AMD 32 and 64 bit for some time now. I use the 64bit AMD version under UBUNTU on my laptop with a SVBONY305 and have had good success. I do plan to begin using the Pi4 64-bit version now that it is available.

There is a thread on the development of the indi driver here: indilib.org/forum/wish-list/6373-indi-dr...html?start=120#58858 (that I see you have found, so this is for others seeking similar info).

The existing indi driver does work, but it has a few minor issues. One would hope the new working SDK will provide a means to correct those issues without a complete rewrite.
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Jon Carleton.
3 years 7 months ago #59222

• Thank you received: 0
I found the updated version of AstroDMx last night and installed the 32-bit Debian package for my RPi 4B for which it worked perfectly.
I am hoping that KStars will also release an update for the Sv305.
I am having no luck getting KStars to recognize it properly. It says the Name is wrong.

I appreciate being able to communicate with one member of the testing team for the driver, having been involved in Product development myself 25 years ago on an i386 SCO XENIX platform.
Today's architecture and tools are a mystery to me but it's fun learning.

Thanks.
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Doug MacGregor.
3 years 7 months ago #59224
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds