I am hoping some could please help me identify the problem I am having with solving using simulator on one of my MacOS.
I have a MacBook Pro, which works fine to plate solve.
My iMac fails to solve.
I have looked at all the settings between them and they appear the same to me.
I have tried different options on the iMac and get the same result or it will sometimes attempt with different index file and eventually does not respond anymore or fails.
I have also tried a few of the "fixes" that have been suggested and used by others, with no succcess.
I have also tried clean installs with no success.
Unfortunately I do not understand the log file enough to understand the information in them.
Thanks in advance.
if my memory is correct, i might have faced this issue a few month ago. in the log, i can see this
searched 14 extensions in file /Users/krish/Library/Application Support/Astrometry/index-4204-13.fits but didn't find a table with a column "kdtree_perm_stars".
searched 14 extensions in file /Users/krish/Library/Application Support/Astrometry/index-4204-13.fits but didn't find a table with a column "kdtree_bb_stars".
searched 14 extensions in file /Users/krish/Library/Application Support/Astrometry/index-4204-13.fits but didn't find a table with a column "kdtree_splitdim_stars"
it happened when i pasted the index files in the folder (from a backup) instead of downloading them from the Align option window. If you had downloaded them, i am wrong and i don't what happens there. Maybe some more experiment users may answer better or propose some others solutions.
Skywatcher 150/750 on HEQ5 pro using EqMod
Canon 450D IR cut filter removed - CC Baader MPCC III
Guiding with 60mm refractor and QHY5 II mono
Kstars/Ekos on RPi4
I have loaded the gsc files through Kstars wizard. The gsc folder is in the Kstars folder on both machines.
I tried it a few times last night, with some higher exposure and gain settings. It will solve sometimes and sometimes not even with the same settings that did work. It seems to be very erratic.
Could someone please give me an indication of where all the KStars/Ekos related files and folder are on MacOS.
I have located a few from other posts and have deleted them before doing the last re-install. I may have missed something and want to try the re-install.
Go to your home folder in the finder and press Shift+Cmd + . to see all hidden files. All you need is in
Here you find the folder gsc containing the GSC catalogue, folder darks and defectmaps containing any captured dark frame information, astrometry containing all the index files and analyze with the analyze files from your last sessions. Also your settings database in userdb.sqlite including a backup file from this (and you should store this file as a backup somewhere else to have another copy if you need it later). Don't remove other files from here unless you plan a reinstallation.
Thank you all for the suggestions.
I played around this afternoon and before starting a solve on the iMac I checked all the settings between both machines. I found that the FOV in the align module was different to what I found on the MacBook. For some reason it seemed different this time with the simulation camera on both machines set the same. Toggled between guide camera and primary and stil had the same wrong setting. I have check settings before and don't remember seeing it different. After setting it the same as the MacBook solver worked and has worked every time since then.
Changed camera settings and the align module updates the value correctly every time as well.
I have not had to change any other settings. Exposure @ 1s and no Gain --. Solver works on both machines with these settings.
Now going to run 3.5.4 on the iMac. Hopefully all still goes well after that. MacBook is still on 3.5.3.
Thanks again to everyone.
Unfortunately 3.5.4 did to work. Solver tries to solve but fails with too many attempts.
The Solver FOV and Simulator FOV are on the target. Error is showing greater than Accuracy setting but the mount does not seem to do anything.
I have reverted back to 3.5.3.
Will try 3.5.4 some time in the future.
Will try the live version when weather permits and the moon is out of the way.
I decided to give 3.5.4 another go, but still fails to solve.I think it has something to do with the error in the solution error calculation.The error in the solution coordinates and and the reported information is different. Somebody can perhaps make sense of it and help with a solution to the problem.
See attached screenshot