INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Read GPS Data From Mount?

• Thank you received: 5
I recently got an iOptron Cem26, which has the option for a GPS module to be attached. Can Ekos read the GPS and clock data from the mount if so? It would certainly make life easier.

On a side note, I have to control the CEM26 in Ekos using the iOptron V3 mount driver, if I choose the CEM26 driver, Ekos doesn't see the mount. While I guess I'm OK controlling the CEM26 this way, I'm curious as to why the CEM26 driver doesn't work, and the V3 driver does?

Thanks for any info on these.
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Phil.
2 years 7 months ago #75868

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

CEM26 is using indi_ioptronv3_telescope already.
2 years 7 months ago #75889

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by Phil on topic Read GPS Data From Mount?

Yeah the V3 driver works on the CEM26, but if I choose the actual CEM26 driver in Ekos, it doesn't see the mount. It appears to work fine with the V3 driver tho.

So there is a plug-in GPS unit available for the CEM26 that I'm considering getting, would Ekos recognize that data stream from it when I connect to the mount if the GPS unit is attached to it?

Thanks.
2 years 6 months ago #76143

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Spartacus on topic Read GPS Data From Mount?

Hi Phil,

This is likely to be the same module as is used by the CEM40. If you get this module just go to KStars settings and open the indi settings gui and tick the box that states "mount updates KStars" and you will be good to go.

Mike
2 years 6 months ago #76156

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds