INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Several problems with Kstars 3.6.2 Stable on Mac Mini

I'm not sure. Did you try to create a new profile? Are you using remote webmanager to start the profile..etc?
1 year 2 months ago #90639

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 812
I don't have access to any of my Pis this weekend since I am on a vacation. But maybe I could do a remote local indiserver, would that have the same effect?
1 year 2 months ago #90640

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks everybpdy for picking this up. I observed some additional unexpected behaviour today:

I have a profile with an Atik 383L CCD camera and an Atik EFW filter wheel.

When I start this profile I see all the equipment with the exception of the filter wheel.
The FW does not show up in the indi driver tabs and cannot be used.
In this configuration the train dropdown and edit buttons in the camera tab are greyed out.

When I edit the profile and remove the filter wheel, the train drop down and edit buttons are active.
However, in this case, I still cannot do exposures, the camera goes into "capturing" mode and hangs there.

When I add back the filter wheel to the profile, the boxes are greyed out again.
1 year 2 months ago #90650

Ok so Jasem and I looked into this for several hours yesterday. The reason I don't observe the bug is because my profile doesn't use the port selector, a newer feature, but all new profiles use it by default. In your case, the profile does not fully start up because it was expecting that the port selector would show up, then you would "connect all" and then it would finish connecting. But apparently what was happening was that the port selector window was not showing up at all, so you couldn't finish connecting. I am not 100% sure why it doesn't show up, but I tried copying in some code from the patch I have been working on for the window-behind other windows bug, and it showed up correctly. So Jasem copied the code that had worked and pushed that line through. He also applied my QML rendering bug fix this morning as well. So I am rebuilding a new DMG with both fixes in it. It should be ready soon.
1 year 2 months ago #90654

Ok this build should include fixes for both the QML rendering bug and the port selector not showing up bug reported in this forum post.

www.indilib.org/jdownloads/kstars/beta/kstars-3.6.3.dmg

Please try it out and let me know if it fixes it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
1 year 2 months ago #90656

I tested with the new version: www.indilib.org/jdownloads/kstars/beta/kstars-3.6.3.dmg

Same behaviour persists.
For profile excluding EFW the editing of train works well but camera exposure hangs after started
For profile including EFW Indi drivers start up excl. EFW but no tabs visible in Ekos.

I attach the log file of the test run.

File Attachment:

File Name: log_20-05-39.txt
File Size:214 KB
1 year 2 months ago #90659
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 30
It's daylight here but doing some testing and things seem to work. My reported bug - the rendering problem - appears to be addressed. No missing characters and it all looks good.

I wasn't previously having problems with optical trains or my camera but I did check those as well. I was able to shoot blank frames and they stored to the location I designated. I did 5 Luminance and 5 Ha and the filter wheel behaved as expected. I'm able to change between different optical trains as well as edit them. The mount responds to commands (I had it slew to Polaris and return to it's home position).

Other items I won't be able to try until I have a clear night but I don't think those areas were impacted by these changes.

Marcel - I hope your issues can be sorted out!
1 year 2 months ago #90661

Marcel, in the Profile for the EFW filter wheel, is the port selector checkbox checked? I am not sure if it is related to that or is important, but it could be.
1 year 2 months ago #90665

Hi Rob,

Same behaviour with port selector selected.
I can see the EFW in my list of USB connected devices but it is not picked up by Indi.

Also note that without the EFW in my profile the camera does not work correctly.
It starts an exposure and gets stuck. It never finishes.

Marcel
1 year 2 months ago #90668

Jasem and I were talking about this and we think the issue with EFW is unrelated. Perhaps there is some issue with the EFW driver. We don't think the issue is with trains or with the port selector window bug we fixed.
1 year 2 months ago #90678

Hi Rob,

Could be, although the train problem only appears when I add the EFW to the profile, so there seems to be some sort of dependency.
Maybe I should first try to solve the problem with the Atik drivers on Mac Mini and then test the train behaviour again.

Would yo recommend me to start a separate forum thread on the Atik driver problem?

M
1 year 2 months ago #90710

Time to create page: 0.838 seconds