INDI Library v1.8.5 Released (19 Apr 2020)

April 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.5 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Python 3 Mac OSX

10 months 1 week ago
calberts
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Python 3 Mac OSX #42446
I fixed it it was caused by my company setup of python, arfactory setup it looks our company servers
But still i have issue with solving offline not possible will it dit work i found a other thread of you with local install of atromery.net (binaries are missing) but still no success

chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 months 5 days ago
Piggled
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Python 3 Mac OSX #50298
I am having some issue trying to get the astropy to work as well. I am NOT a computer guy. I am kind of amazed Ive been able to get this far. I have installed everything under the sun, or so I think I have. Here is the error message I get when ekos starts up. I am also getting this message after I run your setup. Everything has been installed as far as I can tell. And I entered your commands in the earlier post into terminal. not sure if thats where Im even supposed to put it. Any help would be great! Thanks!!
Attachments:

4 months 5 days ago 4 months 5 days ago by rlancaste.
rlancaste
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Python 3 Mac OSX #50311
So a couple of weeks ago, I came up with a better solution to this problem. You can now use sextractor instead of python in the latest version of kstars and then you don't have to go through all the python setup.

Attachments:

3 months 3 weeks ago
sting
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Python 3 Mac OSX #50692
I recommend installing Python 3, from www.python.org website. Then, for me, everything becomes simple and I installed the remaining without problems. For was SOLVED

3 months 1 week ago
wvreeven
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Python 3 Mac OSX #51177

Piggled wrote: I am having some issue trying to get the astropy to work as well. I am NOT a computer guy. I am kind of amazed Ive been able to get this far. I have installed everything under the sun, or so I think I have. Here is the error message I get when ekos starts up. I am also getting this message after I run your setup. Everything has been installed as far as I can tell. And I entered your commands in the earlier post into terminal. not sure if thats where Im even supposed to put it. Any help would be great! Thanks!!

As promised on Facebook, here is a reply. Judging by the screenshots that you included, astropy failed to install. Can you open a command line terminal and type

brew install astropy

and let us know what the result of that command was?

Wouter

ASI6200 and filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro
ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R

3 months 1 week ago
Piggled
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Python 3 Mac OSX #51178
I think its telling me that anaconda installed astropy. I get an error code when I tell brew to do it. Here is a screen grab.
Attachments:

3 months 1 week ago
wvreeven
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Python 3 Mac OSX #51179
Sorry, my bad. I typed too quickly and was assuming that astrometry.net needed to be installed instead of astropy. There indeed is no homebrew cask for astropy.

And thanks to your reply I see what the problem could be. KStars doesn't know about anaconda and wants to install astropy globally on your Mac instead of relying on anaconda. I am afraid that the different Python installations are competing with each other. Can you try to disable anaconda for your terminal (edit .profile and comment out all anaconda related lines by putting a # at the start of the line) and restart your terminal? Then try the pip install astropy command again and let us know how it went.

ASI6200 and filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro
ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R

3 months 1 week ago
Lead_weight
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Python 3 Mac OSX #51180
If you haven't tried it yet. Try the sextractor settings. This is an area that was updated recently where people (including myself) had trouble with multiple versions of python installed. See my settings. This skips python, using sextractor instead, and alleviated all my issues. It's also way faster at plate solving than python was. You will need to install the latest version of KStars/EKOS to access this.

-Andrew
––––––––––
Mac Observatory - All about using the Mac for Astrophotography: www.macobservatory.com
Astrobin: www.astrobin.com/users/Lead_Weight/
Attachments:

3 months 1 week ago
Piggled
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Python 3 Mac OSX #51181
Thanks! to be totally honest though, I have no idea what that even means, (edit .profile and comment out all anaconda related lines by putting a # at the start of the line). which lines? the error codes or the ones that says the files are found in anaconda? I got the sextractor to work for 1 night but it hasnt since.

3 months 1 week ago
wvreeven
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Python 3 Mac OSX #51183
The .profile file is a file with settings for your terminal (where you type commands) that get loaded everytime you open a new terminal. To edit it, open a temrinal and type

nano .profile

In that file you should see some line containing >>> conda initialize >>> and another one a few lines down containing <<< conda initialize <<. Simply move the cursor down to the start of each of the lines in betwee those two and type a # character. Then use CTRL-X to exit. You will be prompted for saving the file and there you type y for yes. Now close the terminal and open again. Your command prompt should not contain (base) anymore. If that's the case, you have successfully disabled anaconda and can type the pip install astropy command again.

Regarding sextractror, any clue as to error messages or so that you get when it doesn't work would be useful. Without that info it will be impossible for us to help you.

3 months 1 week ago
Piggled
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Python 3 Mac OSX #51231
Got the solver to work with sexrractor last night, but it wouldnt slew to target. here is a screen grab I know it probable doesnt give you too much info.
Attachments:

3 months 1 week ago
Lead_weight
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Python 3 Mac OSX #51232
I often open up the mount tab, then open the mount control window, and issue a goto command to go to the specific object again. Then solve the location on the alignment tab. I keep the mount control window open to manually issue goto commands. It should be sending you to the target though.

-Andrew
––––––––––
Mac Observatory - All about using the Mac for Astrophotography: www.macobservatory.com
Astrobin: www.astrobin.com/users/Lead_Weight/
The following user(s) said Thank You Piggled

Time to create page: 0.879 seconds