INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Incorrect exposure times for Canon DSLR

• Thank you received: 0
Hello,

It seems that when I set the mode to "Light," "Dark," or "Flat" for frame capture I can't set an exposure time less than 1 second, and for "Bias" frames, the exposure time is always one second no matter what I set it to. I am using a Canon T3i in manual mode with the shutter speed set to "BULB." Logs are below, and a screenshot of my sequence is attached:

Lights: Final images were exposed for 3 seconds and 1 second according to metadata
Warning: Spoiler!

Darks: Final images were exposed for 3 seconds and 1 second according to metadata

Flats: Final images were exposed for 2 seconds and 1 second according to metadata

Bias: Final images were exposed for 1 second each
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Oleg.
3 years 7 months ago #59937
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 25
I have the same camera and run on RPi4, Kstars v3.4.3, and I don't have this problem.

PS: when you need to change a value in the sequence, you need to double click on the row and make sure that you have "correct" sign instead of the "+", then you change your values, and them you press the "correct" sign again to save this row changes.

hope this helps...
3 years 7 months ago #59992

• Thank you received: 420
For exposure times under 1 sec you need to set the Force Bulb property to false. You can find the property in the INDI config panel for your camera. to be clear: that's the popup you get when you start INDI in Ekos.

HTH, Wouter
3 years 7 months ago #59996

So I see that once I turn "Force Bulb Mode" to false I am able to take subsecond exposures. In fact, it looks like I need to set my camera to the highest shutter speed possible, and then it will work for any shutter speed I set in EKOS. Is this the correct usage pattern?
3 years 7 months ago #60009

Also I want to apologize I seem to have accidentally made 4 copies of the same post but I don't know how to delete them.
3 years 7 months ago #60020

Time to create page: 0.886 seconds