INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

I am not able to connect to Ekos

• Thank you received: 1
Thank you Jasem, that helped me understand what we really want to see in the Port entry box.

So far however unfortunately I'm finding that it refuses to lock down the USB ports???

I'll 1st show the screen of the Pegasus Pocket Power box, followed by the Pegasus Focus Cube.  Notice that the unique serial id is entered in the Port entry box for each device.

Next I will show the USB assignment attached to USB1 and USB2.  (Which is exactly what I want to see)

However when I did a listing of the Serial ID devices which shows their unique Serial ID I am seeing that both devices specify port 0.  (Does port number reflect USB number?, if so that shows what I'm contending with.)

That is what seems to be happening.  Every serial device want USB0 even though above shows that the PPBA is USB0 by listing and the Focus Cube is USB1 by listing.

3 years 1 week ago #70528
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yesterday afternoon I was able to get Pegasus Pocket Power box to connect with Pegasus Focus Cube.  Tonight it did not connect.  I think it disabled my saved settings and attempted an auto connect which possibly caused the conflict.

I still am curious about the last image that I shared from above.  I would like to know whether a port designation number actually corresponds to the USB number.  I know that I'm computer illiterate.

This evening I attempted my 1st contact with Pegasus in an e-mail hoping to come to a solution.

I've been struggling with this for a month and I just don't know where to go next.
3 years 1 week ago #70676

• Thank you received: 30
These files are symbolic links. They are links to the ttyUSBx files in the /dev folder. You can see which port they point at by looking at the file properties (right click on the file name->properties).
In my case, the four symlinks I have all end in -port0. I don’t know what it means but it is not the USB port.
3 years 1 week ago #70686

Based on my own ignorance and level of being stumped I am asking silly questions.

Thank you!
3 years 1 week ago #70722

I am still very perplexed by this issue.  What I am seeing is for me to have a chance at connection success I need to rid my profile of the Pegasus Focus Cube, connect this way and then later install back the Pegasus Focus Cube.

Even with the INDI Control Panel settings for both devices saved as Auto Search "Disabled" I am seeing that when the Ekos connections fail for the devices that the Auto Search comes up as being "Enabled".

Can you think of any possible combination that might guarantee connection success with the Pegasus combination?
3 years 1 week ago #70812

Time to create page: 0.655 seconds