INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Home Run!

• Thank you received: 10

Home Run! was created by Michael

Most of the posts here discuss problems, issues, crashes....

Here is my little story:

New mount, old scope, never used guiding before, don't even know how to spell LINUX...

Bought that RPi, thinking what the heck, 35 bucks! At least I have a (small) chance to keep my MacBook dry and from walking away during the night.

Downloaded KACZOREK's Astroberry image, had to google what "headless" means, only then I knew not to try to use the keyboard on the RPi, but to "remote in". Selected and populated a new profile, hooked the box up to my equipment, and voila, everything just worked. It was truly mind boggling, truly plug-and-play.

Image downloads initially were slow-ish, but once i figured out how to use house-WIFI things sped up by a LOT, currently about 12 sec for 36MB. Mount control works. Autoguiding works. Focus module works. Platesolve works. Filter wheel works, Camera control works. I call that a total success.

Wanted to use this to officially congratulate and thank Jasem and Kaczorek for their work! As soon I get some nice results, I will post them here, but here is just a quick taste of what makes a newbie proud.

Maybe you can do the same and share a success story...

Thanks

Michael
The following user(s) said Thank You: Radek Kaczorek, Alfred, AstroNerd, Jose Corazon, Brian
5 years 2 months ago #35511
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 375

Replied by Radek Kaczorek on topic Home Run!

Nothing's more motivating then user's testimonial like this! Thanks Michael and I will be looking forward to your posts on experience with INDI/KStars/Ekos and Astroberry.
5 years 2 months ago #35512

• Thank you received: 31

Replied by Marc on topic Home Run!

You are so right to remember us how useful these softwares are. I've been using them for a long time now and even if I have to built everything myself from github because there are no "bleedings" for Fedora arm, even if I have to make my own working version from scratch (routes, DHCP, chronyd, gpsd, indiweb), I've never encountered a problem so big I become stuck with something not working. This is the greatest pleasure with Linux, tweaking exactly the things the way you want them, reading the sources, trying to understand the way things work, understanding a protocol, how you map a point on a sphere, etc. This is so rewarding. Than you guys, for sharing your knowledge, your work, your passion, and your time with us. Two thumbs up !
-Marc
The following user(s) said Thank You: Radek Kaczorek, Jose Corazon
5 years 2 months ago #35530

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by Michael on topic Home Run!

Well first real night.
5 years 2 months ago #35535
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.422 seconds