INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Losmandy Gemini configuration question

• Thank you received: 20
I'm trying to configure the Losmandy Gemini and there is a section on the scope. It doesn't pull from my built scopes, but expects me to enter the data and save it with a config name. I do that, and it works, but when I try to build another config, using the info on my other scope, it changes the original config's name. I may be confused as to how it is supposed to work, and there must be a reason why it wants to name the config, but it doesn't seem to work that way. Any help would be appreciated.

CS
Dave
1 year 2 months ago #90941

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 9
Those are generic indi telescope settings, not specific to the losmandy "gemini" driver. It's not clear to me how ekos is using them. It appears that they are not hooked up to the new "optical train" feature. I'll look into it a bit deeper to understand what they those telescope settings in the indi panel are used for. It appears that they are largely unused, and that telescope configuration needs to be done within ekos.

Jamie
1 year 1 month ago #91107

Jamie,

I upgraded Kstars, Ekos and StellarMate all the other day and was hit with some significant changes. I was not able to tell if it was behaving oddly, or it was my ignorance.

I have two OTAs and one mount. One is a 12" f/8 and the other is an 81mm f/4.7. Same camera. I really need multiple configurations, but I can probably build separate equipment profiles in Ekos and solve the problem.

Thank you for looking!

CS!
Dave
1 year 1 month ago #91121

• Thank you received: 9
I am not very familiar with these components, so take my advice with a grain of salt:

I believe that you need to be using the "optical train" module to be able to select different scopes / guide scopes / configurations while using the same profile. You can get to it from Train->"edit icon" which can be found from the ekos->CCD or ekos->Align tabs.

I'm looking through kstars 3.6.3 code and it appears that the INDI telescope apeture/focal-length values that are stored in the mount config, and are found in the indi panel are not being used for anything, but they are displayed and can be saved and retrieved through the indi panel.

This also applies to phd2 which uses a manually set focal length.

Jamie
1 year 1 month ago #91138

Jamie,

It works just as you said. I was doing something wrong.

Thanks for your help!
1 year 1 month ago #91146

Time to create page: 0.464 seconds