INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Has anyone able to wi-fi connect an ES EXOS2GT mount to Astroberry OS?

• Thank you received: 0
I got an EXOS 2GT Mount with PMC8, and sorry to say this, but the mount is rather a let down in many ways, especially tracking and guiding.

Another thing, since I want to eliminate as many cables as possible, especially the thick and heavy serial cable that it needs - I tried to wifi connect to it.

It's upgraded to the latest firmware, and according to the info, the mount can be connected either way, no need to switch around in the firmware level if I want Wifi or Serial.

The problem is, I could never connect to the mount via wifi , like I could do my Skywatcher AZGTI. I know I have all the right info with the IP address and port number, but the Ekos doesn't see it.

The mount is definetely transmitting the wifi signal, I could see it on my Windows laptop wifi list.

Is this even possible or some steps I'm missing?

Thanks for any info!
1 year 1 month ago #91302

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3
I am not sure if this will help. I am just beginning as well. I have a HEQ5 Pro mount with a wifi dongle. When powered up it creates a local wifi hub, that is it thinks it is the network contorller. I connected my PC the the dongle hub (vs the local home network). Then I was able to work through the EKOS menues to get to the indi connecton drop downs. There I switched to default from USB to network and Bob's your uncle - It all worked.
The key was first the mount is the controller / hub and second it was necessary to configure indi connection drop downs to wifi. Hope this helps.
1 year 1 month ago #91346

• Thank you received: 0
The EXOSII GT PMC8 already has a wifi built in. It's main way to connect to Windows laptops or tablets, there is also a serial cable what I use. So this one doesn't need an extra dongle. The problem is, the option is right there in the indi driver page, to fill in the IP address and Port number and so on, but it won't connect.
1 year 1 month ago #91363

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds