INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Beginner - Linux Fedora - Connect Kstars to Sky Watcher HEQ5 Pro with WiFi

• Thank you received: 3
Good afternoon,
I am a 48 hour Indi beginner. The system is Fedora Linux. I have added the _copr:copr.fedorainfracloud.org:xsnrg: repositories and installed kstars. Kstars starts and I am able to get into the configureation menues.
The mount is an HEQ5 Pro with a wifi module. I have installed indi-eqmod package. The mount is in home position and tracking is off.
The OS is connected to the mount via wifi.
I am trying to connect to the mount and then have it point to an object. (This is in the daytime so it is a dry run only)
I am trying to follow tutorials to configure the mount. The tutorials reference configuration options, however non of those appear on any of the configuraiton screens available in either kstars or ekos. The level of kstars is 3.6.4 beta.
Questions are: what is the correct package to control this mount?
Does indi support wifi mount control? Does the driver support wifi for this mount? There does not appear to be an HEQ5 Pro - wifi mount in the devices drop downs. What is the correct device selectoin?
Is there a tutorial / how to do this somewhere?
If not is the configuraiton via kstars device menu or ekos?
Thank you in advance, Dan
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Dan Sawyer. Reason: Correct spelling and add clarification.
1 year 1 month ago #91332

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

After additional attempts there are references to using 'indiserver' to configure devices. One of the paths to envoking indiserver is via kstars and tools - devices - indi control panle. On my kstars the indi control panel button is greyed out and inactive.
I have switched the repository from fedora to copr:copr.fedorainfracloud.org:xsnrg:indi-3rdparty-bleeding.

indi-libs-2.0.1.git-20230316111135.fc36.x86_64
indi-2.0.1.git-20230316111135.fc36.x86_64
indi-eqmod-2.0.1.git-20230316100708.fc36.x86_64

kstars x86_64 1:3.6.4.git-20230310194821.fc36
1 year 1 month ago #91336

Progress report:
First: The eqmod is the correct driver. I first connected the mount to the OS via the network. I then started kstars and configured a mount as eqmod and a ccd simulator. The 'secret' was finding a way to go from EKOS to the indi connection window. I am not sure how I acutally accomplished that. :( However once there there was a connection parameter to use network (vs USB). This connected kstars to the mount. The window allow adding fixed coordinates and then slewing. These were clearly a work a round. However it did satisfy the proff of concept kstars could actually drive the mount via eqmod and wifi. i will count this as success for one weekend.
1 year 1 month ago #91345

Time to create page: 0.414 seconds