INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EXOS II GT PMC8 doesn't report Pier side

• Thank you received: 0
Is there anything to be done with that? Ekos says "pier side unknown". I searched up some topics on this forum, but couldn't find anything similar, other than wrong pier side reporting. My mount just doesn't report, so I am unable to do Meridian flips, I already tried, and Ekos was driving the scope into the tripod, because it flips, but then after it does a plate solve, it starts to move the mount the wrong direction, right directly into the tripod legs. I checked the indi control panel, there isn't even an option for Pier side available. It's missing. [size=] [/size]
1 year 1 month ago #91364
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
So, nobody is using any PMC8 mounts with Ekos? People with Losmandy, Exos-100 and so on?

Pier side is not reported, so Meridian flips or just parking the mount can be an issue.
Ekos tries to run my telescope into the mount by slewing the wrong way during meridian flip. Happened 3 times already, I had to quickly shut down the mount to avoid damage.

I ended up disabling Meridian flip, so I just wait until the DSO passes the meridian and re-slew to the target. Even doing this sometimes it starts out going the wrong way.
This has to be either a driver limitation or these mounts just don't have capability to report the pier side?
Wouldn't be this just a simple thing to implement and stuff like this just hinders the mount almost useless and just cannot be left unattended?
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Frank Szabo.
1 year 1 month ago #91517

• Thank you received: 12
Yep I use an iexos-100 and have the same problems with flips. I basically avoid them helped by having a building to my east which mostly stops me shooting things in that direction.

When I’ve tried it the mount does seem to flip correctly and looks to be pointing in the right direction but then it does a plate solve and promptly tangles itself up with the scope impacting the mount.

Not sure what the pier side actually has to do with it given that it does go to the right side when you wait until after the meridian but it does stick out as a possible cause. I did have a look at the code and thought the pmc8 firmware could report pier side but I couldn’t see anything in the indi driver and sort of decided it either wasn’t a problem or was a feature of other mounts (maybe future ones) or I just wasn’t understanding right.
1 year 4 weeks ago #91532

Time to create page: 0.546 seconds