INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Skywatcher ALt-AZ mount connection issue

• Thank you received: 0
I'm trying to connect my Skywatcher Alt-Az mount from KStars. But I'm having an issue "Failed to connect to Skywatcher Alt-Az. Please ensure device is connected and powered on."
What can be the reason, if it is powered on and connected to my laptop?
1 year 4 weeks ago #91659
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 30
Before connecting, make connection settings on the operation panel of the driver.

If it is WIFI, connect to the AZGTi wireless system → Set the IP and port on the control panel and save → Connect
1 year 3 weeks ago #91760
  • a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Skywatcher ALt-AZ mount connection issue

There can be several reasons why you're unable to connect your Skywatcher Alt-Az mount to KStars, even if it's powered on and connected to your laptop. Some possible reasons are:

Incorrect driver: Ensure that you have installed the correct driver for your Skywatcher Alt-Az mount.

Incorrect port selection: Double-check that you have selected the correct port for your mount in KStars' settings.

Cable issue: Verify that the cable connecting your Skywatcher Alt-Az mount to your laptop is functioning correctly. Try using a different cable if you have one.

Power issue: Make sure that your Skywatcher Alt-Az mount is receiving power and that the power source is functioning correctly.

Compatibility issue: Verify that your Skywatcher Alt-Az mount is compatible with KStars. Check the KStars documentation or support forums for compatibility information.
1 year 3 weeks ago #91771
I've allowed the post above to show what a ChatGPT answer looks like. Such posts are not allowed in the forum. I'll keep the one above just an example.
1 year 3 weeks ago #91772
Time to create page: 0.675 seconds