INDI Library v1.8.1 Released (09 Sep 2019)

Monthly maintenance release INDI v1.8.1

Celestron CGEM support

5 years 7 months ago
ffernandez
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Celestron CGEM support #996
Hello,
I'm trying to access to celestron cgem mount using indi_celestron_gps but I don't get any response. Is this driver compatible con CGEM?
I've connected the mount with nextar hand control and this one to a computer with rs232 cable and Prolific USB adapter.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago
knro
Administrator
Administrator
Celestron CGEM support #997
AFAIK, Celestron uses one protocol for all Nexstar mounts. Please check the FAQ for common issues when connecting to telescopes under Linux.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

5 years 7 months ago 5 years 7 months ago by ffernandez.
ffernandez
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Celestron CGEM support #1020
Hello,
I've connected one synscan mount without problems in this computer but I cannot do it with nexstar hand control and indi_celestron_gps.

I've learned at www.nexstarsite.com/PCControl.htm that there are seven different nexstar hand controls and CGEM would be version 4. I've tried to access at serial port using 9600 8-N-1 settings ( www.celestron.com/c3/images/files/downlo...36_cgem11097inst.pdf ) from minicom in linux, putty in Windows 8 and hyperterminal in Windows XP without response.

However NexRemote software in Windows XP works. So I cannot find the source of the problem. NexRemote works and hyperterminal does not? How can this be possible? Has Version 4 hand control different serial settings or commands? I have no clue.

Greetings.

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds