INDI Library v1.8.6 Released (21 Aug 2020)

August 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.6 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Celestron CGEM support

6 years 4 months ago
ffernandez
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Celestron CGEM support #996
Hello,
I'm trying to access to celestron cgem mount using indi_celestron_gps but I don't get any response. Is this driver compatible con CGEM?
I've connected the mount with nextar hand control and this one to a computer with rs232 cable and Prolific USB adapter.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago
knro
Administrator
Administrator
Celestron CGEM support #997
AFAIK, Celestron uses one protocol for all Nexstar mounts. Please check the FAQ for common issues when connecting to telescopes under Linux.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

6 years 4 months ago 6 years 4 months ago by ffernandez.
ffernandez
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Celestron CGEM support #1020
Hello,
I've connected one synscan mount without problems in this computer but I cannot do it with nexstar hand control and indi_celestron_gps.

I've learned at www.nexstarsite.com/PCControl.htm that there are seven different nexstar hand controls and CGEM would be version 4. I've tried to access at serial port using 9600 8-N-1 settings ( www.celestron.com/c3/images/files/downlo...36_cgem11097inst.pdf ) from minicom in linux, putty in Windows 8 and hyperterminal in Windows XP without response.

However NexRemote software in Windows XP works. So I cannot find the source of the problem. NexRemote works and hyperterminal does not? How can this be possible? Has Version 4 hand control different serial settings or commands? I have no clue.

Greetings.

Time to create page: 0.331 seconds