INDI Library v1.8.5 Released (19 Apr 2020)

April 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.5 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Mount updates Kstars (GPS question)

2 months 1 week ago
Bart
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Mount updates Kstars (GPS question) #52918
Hi,

Selecting the option 'Mount updates Kstars' doesn't work for me.
I have a iOptron iEQ45 (non pro) and i've replaced the GPS for a new one. On the mount, the GPS works flawless. But it doesn't get updated to Kstars or EKOS.
What is going on?
Of course I could buy a separate USB GPS thing, but that's another USB port occupied and another piece of 'I technically don't need that' on the telescope. I bought Stellarmate (also) to prevent many cables. I even upgraded my mount to have serial communication over Bluetooth, which I must say, I'm surprised by how well and stable that works!

I have other issues with my setup as well, for example the Mount doesn't slew with Polar Alignmount and things like the zero position gets over-written (also the Park position.
So, is the mount just to old to 'normally' communicate with it? Is the HC8406 driver incomplete? Should I buy a 8407 hand controller? Should I buy another mount? I hope not, they are not priced like sandwiches...

Thanks for your thoughts!
Bart

15 cm wavefront condensor | Earth rotation undo-er | Few photon discriminator plates | Photons to electrons transmogrifier | Stellarmate

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 1 week ago
wvreeven
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Mount updates Kstars (GPS question) #52942
Hi Bart,

How do you know that it doesn't get updated to KStars? Can you provide logs? Logs can be acquired during daytime or a cloudy night because it only involves the GPS.

Wouter

ASI6200 and filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro
ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds