INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Mount does not respond to SynScan

• Thank you received: 1
Hello folks,
First time posting here, so please be patient.
I've acquired a SM+ and been learning how to use it indoors.
I own a SW EQ3 Pro mount and connected to the SM using a Ikarus Eqmod cable.
I disconnected the handset from the control box of the mount and the connected the ikarus cable to it using the port where the handset was connected. So far, everything OK. I can operate the mount with the SM and still learning.
But I needed to connect the handset to the mount and disconnect the ikarus eqmod cable and connect the handset.
The handset turns on and works, but when I try to tell the mount to slew to the first alignment star, the mount does not move and the handset behaves like it is moving.
Is this normal? Has anyone experienced the same issue, knows how to fix it or have some ideas of what could be the problem?
Thanks for the patience and attention.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
3 years 3 months ago #66027
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello Valter,

Welcome to the forums. You don't really need to use the handset *at all* for any alignment purposes. Simple set up you mount be in the home position, then use StellarMate to go to a nearby star (a bit away from the pole!) then use Capture and Solve (either in the SM App or Ekos) to ensure everything is centered as is. That's pretty much it :-)
3 years 3 months ago #66034

Hello,
Thanks for the welcome.
If I disconnected the SM from the mount and connected the handset again, I need the handset to control the mount has I always had.
Let's imagine I don't wanna use the SM, I will I control the mount?
3 years 3 months ago #66037

I'm not sure you can "hot swap" the two modes. You either using the handset, or the Ikarus cable. If you switch between the two, you might need to power cycle the mount first.
3 years 3 months ago #66039

I turned everything off, disconnected the ikarus cable, connected the handset cable to the mount and turned the mount on. I'm not switching between the two with the power on.
3 years 3 months ago #66040

Time to create page: 0.803 seconds