INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Issue with QHY driver

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by nou on topic Issue with QHY driver

When you open build-soft-stable.sh at beginign you find these lines
INDI_COMMIT="431869ffe400053fea79f227f80b175c593b3db8"
INDI_3RD_COMMIT="6e677050e9ca39e0055ec29e140fac28998dd0f1"
STELLAR_COMMIT="9013092ce5791514cf48a32b0b73923fe879eabf"
KSTARS_COMMIT="origin/stable-3.6.3"
These lines specify which commit will be used to build so you can change it. To get hash run gitk or "git log"
1 year 2 months ago #90841

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 19

Replied by MORELLI on topic Issue with QHY driver

OK I understand where to setup the différent versions. But how can I find the values for Indi and 3rd-party that match with Kstars v3.5.9, by example ?

I don't know how to use gitk or git log.
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by MORELLI.
1 year 2 months ago #90850

When you run gitk in git repositrory you get list of commits. Then there are yellow tags with version. When you click on one such commit you can find SHA1 ID under it.

To match versions you can compare commit times and select version from same time.
1 year 2 months ago #90857

I think I don't explain well my ask. I want to install Ksatrs-3.5.9 with the right Indi and 3rd-party. Where can I get the value to setup into the script ? I didn't find out on the github indi.
1 year 2 months ago #90863

Oh you can look at commit history gitea.nouspiro.space/nou/astro-soft-build/commits/branch/master of my script.

This commit was for KStars 3.5.9 and INDI 1.9.6 gitea.nouspiro.space/nou/astro-soft-buil...build-soft-stable.sh
1 year 2 months ago #90930

Hi,
Thank for your explaination. I applied it to compile on my RPI4 with Ubuntu 22.04, Kstars 3.5.9 with Indi 1.9.6.
#!/bin/bash

export CFLAGS="-march=native -w -Wno-psabi -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64"
export CXXFLAGS="-march=native -w -Wno-psabi -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64"

INDI_COMMIT="46d8e3b0d3ff6662daa89b6f6499caa7cb2fe9b1"
INDI_3RD_COMMIT="c9f706d74b14bce2f15f34e0dd3d11c17c64f4ee"
STELLAR_COMMIT="cdaefb03d4dfdf9237abd9507bf46cebf8647738"
KSTARS_COMMIT="9e96f10ddff797aefbc50a10f70a68cd142c1eec"

The script froozes during the kstars make around 22%. Manually I relaunched the make with any parameters. No frooze, but errors as usual.

/home/robert/Projects/kstars/kstars/ekos/align/remoteastrometryparser.cpp:73: undefined reference to `INDI::BaseClient::sendNewSwitch(_ISwitchVectorProperty*)'
/usr/bin/ld: /home/robert/Projects/kstars/kstars/ekos/align/remoteastrometryparser.cpp:94: undefined reference to `timestamp'
/usr/bin/ld: /home/robert/Projects/kstars/kstars/ekos/align/remoteastrometryparser.cpp:94: undefined reference to `INDI::BaseClient::startBlob(char const*, char const*, char const*)'
/usr/bin/ld: /home/robert/Projects/kstars/kstars/ekos/align/remoteastrometryparser.cpp:97: undefined reference to `INDI::BaseClient::sendOneBlob(_IBLOB*)'
/usr/bin/ld: /home/robert/Projects/kstars/kstars/ekos/align/remoteastrometryparser.cpp:102: undefined reference to `INDI::BaseClient::finishBlob()'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [kstars/CMakeFiles/kstars.dir/build.make:221: bin/kstars] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1489: kstars/CMakeFiles/kstars.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:146: all] Error 2
robert@robert-desktop:~/Projects/build/kstars$

The only compile I success is the last version of kstars 3.6.3.
1 year 1 month ago #91105

Hm this may be problem that downgrading is somehow problematic. It is quite possible that there is multiple versions of libindidrver.so.* in /usr/lib
You may need to search and delete these libraries because linker will pick up newest one that is incompatbile. Look into install_manifest.txt which you can find in build-* directories that contains list of files that got installed. You need to find any *.so file and delete them especially these that are newer that *.so.1.9.6
1 year 1 month ago #91185

• Thank you received: 8

Replied by Mr. Mister on topic Issue with QHY driver

As far as it comes to Linux, the compiler/maker references libraries it can find through environment variables ($LD_LIBRARY_PATH, $PATH etc.) set globally or locally (in the script, possibly wrapping script or through the configure run) and in /usr/local/lib/, /usr/lib/ (...) most .so "files" are sysmbolic or hard links to the current versions of installed libraries beneath or in this directory.

For example /usr/share/lib/libld.so would be a link to /usr/share/lib/libld.so.5, so the compiler(s) are using the symlink to access the linked shared library file.

This means you don't have to delete library files, but change the links (look at the "ln" command) to point to the compatible library, if no direct reference was given in ./configure or passed to the maker/compiler through environment variables, the compiler will use the links to find the desired libraries. Normally you would not delete the newer libraries in /usr/lib in this case, but let the links point to the .so files having the right version number in their names.

Doing it in any other way would be quite a mess, it's done through links for ages in Unix and Linux, for good reasons.
Maybe Raspi Linux is an exception, i don't have a Raspi nearby at the moment to check, but i think basic things are done the same way here.
1 year 1 month ago #91186

• Thank you received: 38

Replied by Sonny Cavazos on topic Issue with QHY driver

In addition to all that, some distros of Ubuntu have the incorrect version of FXLOAD.

I seem to have to build a new FX3LOAD every time I build an INDI server.

I wish we could include FX3LOAD (named FXLOAD in /SBIN) and rename it so we can use the proper build of FXLOAD that works with USB3 devices.

Maybe we can just put it in our own folder and run it using the rules.d to point to the one included with the QHY INDI library.
1 year 1 month ago #91187

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by carlz dooms on topic Issue with QHY driver

I want to install Ksatrs-3.5.9 with the right Indi and 3rd-party. Where can I get the value to setup into the script ? I didn't find out on the github indi.

teatv download apk
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by carlz dooms.
1 year 1 month ago #91200

The anwser is into a message of Nou, above.
It is not easy to comoile an old version. After, many tries, I left the job. No problem to compile Indi and 3rd-party Indi, but no way with kstars.

It would be great if someone build a deb file of each version of Kstars.
1 year 1 month ago #91205

Check commits history where you can find each version gitea.nouspiro.space/nou/astro-soft-build/commits/branch/master
1 year 1 month ago #91206

Time to create page: 0.708 seconds