INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Pegasus UPBv3 indi driver issue

• Thank you received: 7
So I just got my new Pegasus upb v3 the other day. First thing I did was use the Unity application to update to the latest firmware from Pegasus (1.3). Then updated kstars bleeding and indi to the latest version. I'm getting these errors every second. (see pic). This is driving me nuts. Using the Unity app all is well. Every sensor, every port works as expected. I've been troubleshooting all day. I've tried using different pc's running SM software (just to eliminate the pc itself), changing usb cables you name it. I just cant get this ubp v3 to work at all! I've convinced myself its a indi driver issue. All the tabs come up in ekos, but none of the fields are populated with data from the upb device. Is there anything I can do? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for your help, Mike
1 month 2 weeks ago #99669
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 30
Hi Mike,

I have an UPBv2 and the INDI driver works well. I know that some of the latest Pegasus Astro gear needs updated INDI drivers and they may not be available yet (notwithstanding that the Pegasus Astro site may indicate otherwise).

Your screenshot doesn't show the connection tab so I'm not sure of your connection status. Mine shows INDI driver version 1.6 and I've attached a screenshot of my connections page. I should note that the UPB is connected to a RPi at the mount so your port mapping may end up being different if you're connecting to a PC/Mac directly.

Good luck!

Fred
1 month 2 weeks ago #99673
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 7
yes, I'm on 1.6 as well. Getting the connection isn't the issue, Once connected, all the fields are zero'd out (temp, humidty, etc) and I'm not able to turn on the dew heater ports. I'm thinking the same as you, its a driver issue. I did send Pegasus an email late this afternoon. Hopefully, they will be able to help. thanks
1 month 2 weeks ago #99674

Time to create page: 0.496 seconds