some fixes in v 0.2.13:
- Delete multiple rows in Fits import and CSV imports.
- Added index column in image list. There's still an issue when sorting: the index keep always the same ordering.
- In the table, single click only selects an item. Double click opens the external viewer (if clicked on the file name) or the detail windows if clicked elsewhere.
On my pc .fits files are associated to Pixinsight and fits are opened in the same instance of PI.
About clicking rows, as of now behavior is:
- single click selects a row. Used when selecting a single night or deleting row(s).
- double click launches the Detail window.
- double click on the file name only , opens the default fits software.
If double click would open kstars, there should another option to launch detail windows. Any suggestion?
You're right: the behavior when deleting rows is not consistent. I'll fix it.
thanks again for your feedback
I succeeded in opening the default external viewer. associated with fits files On my system it launches Pixinsight. Again, as this is OS dependent hope it works with Win too.
But for each file it opens a new instance of the external software. Hoped that files would be opened in the same instance but I don't know how to control this.
Basic CSV export is easy, will add in next release; it will not export selection of cells but the whole data set (as selected with filters applied) .
As the export is based on the model of data and not the view (what you see in the table) it will export also hidden columns and coordinates columns without proper formatting (ad decimals).
So part of the work still have to be made using Excel: delete unwanted columns, format data.
About hidden columns: after applying hide/show to any column AD has to be restarted and columns width preferences will be reset. I had to do this because when column width preferences were reloaded they were overriding the hide/show settings. Not optimal behavior I know.
thank you Doug! your feedback has been really valuable.
As you say, there are many other software that are already good at showing images, I will not try to replicate them. Launching an external viewer seems the best option, even if I had issues when I tried to open external softwares from AD. For example it was a good idea to open a file browse pointing at the directory containing the file when clicking on its name. But on Linux I struggled to find how to do it.
Reducing the interline in the details window will result to be less readable. What if I change layout to landscape orientation? I mean image preview on the left and fields description on a right pane.
now with v 0.2.11 you can replace (part) of a path to search for CSV file.
Path input is in CSV import tab. Was a better location than Settings.
Actual FITS file is on Windows: C:\users\ferrante\IC434\Luminance\test.fits
CSV file was made when on Linux: /home/ferrante/IC434/Luminance/test.fits
So replace From: /home/ferrante/
- It works the other way around too (FITS saved on Linux, CSV on Windows) and of course with both coming from the same OS.
- Don't worry about creating mixed path like C:\users\ferrante\IC434/Luminance/test.fits AstroDom will fix it.
- It relies on a function that detects the OS separator. Only tested on Linux, hope it works on Windows too.
- If From is not empty while To is, replace is still applied with an empty string. If From is empty no replacement is applied.
The upgrade script works the same way as install except the first doesn't recreate the 'venv' virtual environment. So yes, it is more suited for small updates . Just be aware that the config files will be overwritten in both cases, so prepare a back up ( I will fix this soon because it's annoying ). The database should not be affected but I would do a backup in any case.
Ok I will implement the path conversion because it happens quite often to move files around. It will be set in the settings tab and in the csv tab you can check/uncheck if conversion has to be applied.
Hi Doug, I noticed that error too. It s already fixed in 0.2.9 and pushed to github repo and pypi.
Thanks for your feedback.
Uploaded on pypi a new version (0.2.7) that implements several suggestions mainly by Doug:
- Resize windows
- Save session for imagelist columns width and for window size and position
- Format RA/DEC, Alt/Az, Lat Long
Please use a different virtual environment for testing if you previously installed AstroDom; or save your /astrodom/config files.