INDI Library v1.8.5 Released (19 Apr 2020)

April 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.5 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Using 3 cameras at once?

1 month 4 weeks ago
xthestreams
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Using 3 cameras at once? #51692
That's a cool idea, I hadn't thought of that for the "dome" camera (that's living in a dome) - I would only ask that I be able to keep the images/recordings as archives - I can imagine going back in the morning and seeing a knot of cables!

On a similar note, I am guessing that I would able to integrate sensors for things like "mount exceeded slew" ie: camera hits a contact switch on the base of the mount causing an "Abort" command to be sent, shut down session etc.

So many possibilities with this amazing platform, I don't understand why ASCOM is even a thing still, astro should be platform independent!

Meade LX90 OTA
Meade LX90 mount - on a wedge, slightly dead (bloody Dec motor driver board blown)
SkyWatcher NEQ6R Pro mount (oh my goodness the difference!)
ZWO ASI 183MC Pro camera
Svbony 270/60mm finder/guide scope
ZWO ASI290MM mini guider
ZWO ASI224MC all-sky
more toys to come....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 4 weeks ago
xthestreams
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Using 3 cameras at once? #51693
Thanks Jasem! I've seen those little buttons in the control panel but always been afraid to press "go" on observing nights just in case i blow something up and then promptly forget about them during the daylight! I'll try it out, although I don't have much luck with the ASI183MC Pro and streaming from the Capture module, it never seems to give me anything but black screens during the night - again something I've been meaning to play with when the clouds eventually (falls to knees and adopts whatever religion that guarantees weather wishes) move on (they do eventually move on right?).

Some many possibilities with this platform it's just incredible. Now that I've got my RPi 4, looking forward to trying to hack siril into the workflow and doing a "average last 4 captured frames" EAA hack so that my partner can finally understand what all the fiddling is about while I am doing it - I am sure she's convinced I just download a good looking image from the internet and the telescope is just an excuse to get away from her for a few hours (it's not, really, I swear ;-)

Meade LX90 OTA
Meade LX90 mount - on a wedge, slightly dead (bloody Dec motor driver board blown)
ZWO ASI 183MC Pro camera
ZWO ASI290MM mini guider
ZWO ASI224MC all-sky
more toys to come....
The following user(s) said Thank You TallFurryMan

1 month 2 weeks ago
xthestreams
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Using 3 cameras at once? #52297
I had a quick test with a simple webcam and while Ekos picked up teh camera itself easily it wasn't so happy streaming for more than about 30 seconds before the system started to behave erratically and I gave up until I have more time to experiment.

If windowing management in kStars and Ekos was able to manage tiles tied to particular windows/portals we could put whatever data we wanted in there eg: cameras for situations awareness, weather radars, etc

I might have to dig out my compiler and stop talking and start coding!

Meade LX90 OTA
ZWO ASI 183MC Pro camera
ZWO ASI290MM mini guider
ZWO ASI224MC all-sky
more toys to come....

Time to create page: 0.782 seconds