INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New KStars 3.5.2 DMG to test

• Thank you received: 565
I should add to the above that I've only tested on Linux and Raspberry Pi OS, not on Mac.
Hopefully someone who has a Mac setup could test calibration and guiding on their rig and simulator on Mac.
Since we're on page 5 of this thread, I guess it's likely that there have been others who have already done so.
Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this soon.
3 years 1 month ago #67932

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 33
Hy,
Here is what I did tonight:
- I download the official “KStars 3.5.2 DMG Installer” for macOS and installed once more KStars 3.5.2.
- The simulator guides without problem with KStars 3.5.2
- My setup : Celestron CGE Pro + EdgeHD 11” + focal reducer : f = 1960mm, imager = ZWO ASI1600M-C cooled, guider = ZWO ASI174MM on a Celestron OAG
- The calibration didn't succeed !
OK for a Zoom but I didn't get your private message. Where shall I look ?
3 years 1 month ago #67941

• Thank you received: 565
Sorry, I missed your reply to my message (on Feb 26) . Sometimes this forum doesn't notify me if I have a message.
Please send me your email address or phone number via the private message.
Hy
3 years 1 month ago #67942

How do I send you a private message ?
3 years 1 month ago #67943

• Thank you received: 420

Click on the icon depicting a user in the upper right of the forum menu

and then select Private Messages

3 years 1 month ago #67949
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by Ron M on topic New KStars 3.5.2 DMG to test

Hi, as followup to this request to further test 3.5.2 and my own previous problems with 3.5.1 and more limited test of 3.5.2, I just ran a sequence of exposures and PHD2 autoguided on M42 with 3.5.2 (first version posted in this thread). Cameras M50 (canon CR3 raw) and ZWO ASi 224MC guide camera connected and imaged ok. Plate solving and slewing to M42 with M50 main camera worked ok, PHD2 calibrated and guided ok and sequence of images was completed. With bright moon rising and cold temps I didn't do a very long series or multiple goto slews. 3.5.2 Mac version now seems to work ok on my setup and 2012 Mac Book Pro, running Mojave OS-X 10.14.6 HDX110 (EQ-8) mount, EQ-Mod driver 12" f/4 newt. In plate solving, Stellarsolve was checked on, but during plate solving I noticed the ASTAP alias pop up as it does when active, so I'm not clear which was being used. I've not read up on using Stellarsolve, so had previously been using ASTAP in 3.5.1 and earlier versions. HTH.
3 years 1 month ago #67972

One thing I forgot to mention in this prior test, - one bug' that I and another previously noted in trying 3.5.2 beta; there is a new 'feature' linking a dome switch in the mount INDI panel. The default setting of this 'switch' is 'ON', so every start up when connecting, if you don't have a dome using this, I have to go into the INDI mount panel and under Options - Dome Policy, turn that off - "ignore dome switch" or the mount will not drive. I think few of us have a dome so seems this default should be off and stay off between sessions. And if you have a dome it can be switched on once and then keep that setting. Its one of those little PITA things that you now have to remember to do and where to find it. I hope this was changed in the newly posted 3.5.2 but if not, I hope this gets updated soon. thanks.
3 years 1 month ago #68008

The dome 'bug' has gone from an inconvenience to a big fail. I opened up tonite to take advantage of a few hours no moon and clear sky. When I connected to the mount and cameras, I could not get get the Dome Policy to "ignore dome" as have done the past couple trials of 3.5.2 beta. Nothing happens when either 'button' is cliked on. So, hoping the 'stable' version fixed that problem in the beta, I downloaded and installed 3.5.2 Stable and just tried it. Same problem. The 'switch' does work under the Simulators but not when actually connected to my mount. So I cannot drive the mount or even turn on tracking. I looked through other Options menus looking another 'switch' or dome commands and did not find anything. I am using the EQ-Mod driver for HDX100 mount which has always worked fine before this Dome Policy was added. All I get are the error messages when try to unpark the mount. Help or a fix appreciated soon!!

2021-03-03T03:16:08: [WARNING] Cannot unpark mount when dome is locking. See: Dome Policy in options tab.
2021-03-03T03:15:35: [WARNING] Please unpark the mount before issuing any motion/sync commands.

021-03-03T03:19:03: [WARNING] Cannot unpark mount when dome is locking. See: Dome Policy in options tab.
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Ron M.
3 years 1 month ago #68041

After doing a search on "Dome Policy" i finally found a brief note from Jasem about saving the Dome Policy config setting input above the line in Configuration -Save in the same Mount Options Tab. Although still grayed out, after reconnecting to the mount a couple times, the Dome Policy 'buttons' finally 'activated' and I was able to set to ignore dome and save the configuration to Ignore. Then disconnecting, closing and restarting kstars it remembered the setting was 'off' so I could start up the mount normally. 3.5.2 stable seems to work in daylight now at least...
3 years 1 month ago #68109

• Thank you received: 812

I figured out what was causing this and just sent in a fix for it! It will definitely be fixed in my next dmg I make.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wouter van Reeven
3 years 1 month ago #68172

I just had the opportunity to do some testing on the guide calibration bug of KStars 3.5.2 (macOS) using PHD2 instead of the internal procedure.
I had NO problem calibrating + guiding with PHD2.
Hence the problem is not with the mount.
I hope this will help.
3 years 1 month ago #68243

• Thank you received: 74
Hi
Two weeks ago I experienced exactly the same scenario with the guiding of my rig. Last year I never spent even one thought about guiding: It worked straightforward with the default of KStars 3.5.1. Now with 3.5.2. I'm not able to finish only one picture within a couple of minutes! Guiding gets so worse I can't believe it.
Did You make some progress in analyzing the reason for the bad guiding? I'm very interested in Your results! I have a sneaking suspicion what the cause could be, but I have to investigate more.

I'm working with the Skywalker AOK DDM mount. This device has a dedicated controller for which I wrote the driver. The interface of this controller follows substantially the LX200 standard. I'm working with KStars on Ubuntu 20,04 LTS.

Antonio
3 years 1 month ago #68430

Time to create page: 0.828 seconds