INDI Library v1.8.1 Released (09 Sep 2019)

Monthly maintenance release INDI v1.8.1

iOptron GEM45

1 week 5 hours ago
wvreeven
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Topic Author
iOptron GEM45 #45623
Recently iOptron released a new mount: the GEM45. I have access to one and found that it doesn't work with INDI. I have tried several iOptron drivers and both a direct USB connection to the mount and via a serial cable connected to the hand controller. In both cases with all drivers I have tried out (including the iOptrom iEQ45 and iEQ45 Pro) the connection to the mount times out. But perhaps I am doing something wrong. Has anyone tried INDI with this mount?

Logs attached but I am afraid they don't say much.

Wouter

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 days 21 hours ago
wvreeven
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Topic Author
iOptron GEM45 #45694
Apparently iOptron have reused the software for the CEM40. When we use the CEM40 driver we get a different error (no more time out, hurray!):

Mount with code 0043 is not recognized.

I will have a look at the CEM40 driver and will see if I can add that code and recompile to see if the mount will then respond. To be continued!

Wouter

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R

5 days 20 hours ago
wvreeven
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Topic Author
iOptron GEM45 #45703
Yes that worked. Jasem, would you like me to check it in and do a pull request?

5 days 5 hours ago
wvreeven
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Topic Author
iOptron GEM45 #45729
Code changes committed and pull request issued.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds