INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AstroArch - yet another raspberry distro for astrophotography for ARM64

• Thank you received: 8
>> And finally, modify the Firecapture startup script so that it uses the version of java that I installed rather than that of the package.

This was the modification I made to /opt/FireCapture_v2.7_ start.sh:
#./jre/bin/FireCapture -Xms${heap}m -Xmx${heap}m -XX:+UseCompressedOops  -classpath "$cp" de.wonderplanets.firecapture.gui.FireCapture
/usr/lib/jvm/default-runtime/bin/java -Xms${heap}m -Xmx${heap}m -XX:+UseCompressedOops  -classpath "$cp" de.wonderplanets.firecapture.gui.FireCapture

I think that's the recommended modification. However, I think I probably downloaded the wrong jdk I'm getting the following error: (Note the Possible cause: can't load AMD 64 .so on a AARCH64 platform)
2023-12-11 02:37:14.165 SEVERE de.wonderplanets.firecapture.log.Log logError UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION !
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.fazecast.jSerialComm.SerialPort
        at de.wonderplanets.firecapture.gui.OptionsDialog.getFilterWheelPanel(OptionsDialog.java:2589)
        at de.wonderplanets.firecapture.gui.OptionsDialog.<init>(OptionsDialog.java:457)
        at de.wonderplanets.firecapture.gui.OptionsDialog.initInstance(OptionsDialog.java:5789)
        at de.wonderplanets.firecapture.gui.OptionsDialog.getInstance(OptionsDialog.java:5866)
        at de.wonderplanets.firecapture.util.GuiUtil.getRoot(GuiUtil.java:631)
        at de.wonderplanets.firecapture.util.GuiUtil$1.run(GuiUtil.java:388)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:318)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:773)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:720)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:714)
        at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:400)
        at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:87)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:742)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:203)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)
Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: Exception java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /tmp/1702287431699-libjSerialComm.so: /tmp/1702287431699-libjSerialComm.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (Possible cause: can't load AMD 64 .so on a AARCH64 platform) [in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0"]
        at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.NativeLibraries.load(Native Method)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.NativeLibraries$NativeLibraryImpl.open(NativeLibraries.java:331)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.NativeLibraries.loadLibrary(NativeLibraries.java:197)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.NativeLibraries.loadLibrary(NativeLibraries.java:139)
        at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:2418)
        at java.base/java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:852)
        at java.base/java.lang.System.load(System.java:2021)
        at com.fazecast.jSerialComm.SerialPort.<clinit>(SerialPort.java:181)
        at de.wonderplanets.firecapture.gui.OptionsDialog.getFilterWheelPanel(OptionsDialog.java:2589)
        at de.wonderplanets.firecapture.gui.OptionsDialog.<init>(OptionsDialog.java:457)
        at de.wonderplanets.firecapture.gui.OptionsDialog.initInstance(OptionsDialog.java:5789)
        at de.wonderplanets.firecapture.gui.FireCapture.<init>(FireCapture.java:308)
        at de.wonderplanets.firecapture.gui.FireCapture$1.run(FireCapture.java:219)
        ... 13 more

What JDK should I have installed?
4 months 2 weeks ago #97584
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 27
Modify your line by:
java -Xms${heap}m -Xmx${heap}m -classpath "$cp" de.wonderplanets.firecapture.gui.FireCapture
4 months 2 weeks ago #97585
I tried both this
/usr/lib/jvm/default-runtime/bin/java -Xms${heap}m -Xmx${heap}m -classpath "$cp" de.wonderplanets.firecapture.gui.FireCapture
and this
java -Xms${heap}m -Xmx${heap}m -classpath "$cp" de.wonderplanets.firecapture.gui.FireCapture

Both produced the same error messages.

I'm still leaning toward the idea that I don't have the right java installed.

Here is what the java --version command returns:
java --version                                                                                                  
openjdk 21 2023-09-19
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 21+35)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 21+35, mixed mode, sharing)

Can someone who HAS gotten this to work provide what java --version reports for them?
4 months 2 weeks ago #97586
Have you changed the access rights of the FireCapture folder for your username?

If not, do this command by putting the username

sudo chown -R astroarch /opt/FireCapture_v2.7
4 months 2 weeks ago #97588
Same errors.

Let's focus on the error message:
Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: Exception java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /tmp/1702295161961-libjSerialComm.so: /tmp/1702295161961-libjSerialComm.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (Possible cause: can't load AMD 64 .so on a AARCH64 platform) [in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0"]

It's assuming that a shared object file exists, SerialComm.so, and it doesn't, possibly because it's an AMD64 .so file on our AARCH64 platform. Is this something missing from the astroarch distribution? Please, if anyone has gotten this to work, think of what other mods you may have made to your system that allow this to work.
sudo find / -name SerialComm.so
returns nothing
4 months 2 weeks ago #97589
The java file jSerialComm-2.10.3.jar is in the /opt/FireCapture_v2.7/lib/ folder.

It looks like FireCapture can't load it.

Can you check that it is there?

And right click on it to get the properties. Then check that in the access rights tab it is noted in membership:
user: the user name under AstroArch
Group: root
4 months 2 weeks ago #97590

It was there with the right ownership (after I did the chown command you recommended earlier), so I don't think that's the issue.

And yet I assume this works for you. I wonder what the difference is.
4 months 2 weeks ago #97591
Attachments:
This is not the same version as me. I have 2.10.3
I think the problem is with the Firecapture installation.

My version of Firecapture when downloaded is firecapture_2.7.14_aarch64.deb
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve Cohen
4 months 2 weeks ago #97592
Now we are getting somewhere. Mine is FireCapture_v2.7.14.deb. Duh! I didn't get the Raspberry Pi version.
4 months 2 weeks ago #97593
OK. Got the right .deb from the FireCapture site, installed it, changed the start script as before, and fired it up. No more errors but no visible app. ps -ef shows it's running, but nothing is visible. What does that mean?
4 months 2 weeks ago #97594
Could you give more explanations?

No FireCapture icon in the menu where kstarts and phd2 are located?
4 months 2 weeks ago #97596
Congratulations to AstroArch for reaching this milestone. We have now a dedicated forum for it. This topic will be locked. Ask new questions in the new forum. Clear skies!
4 months 2 weeks ago #97597
Moderators: Mattia
Time to create page: 0.748 seconds