INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AstroArch - yet another raspberry distro for astrophotography for ARM64

• Thank you received: 107

Hi Stefan, for the wallet have a look here www.indilib.org/forum/general/12964-astr....html?start=96#93234

To change the host name edit /etc/host name and /etc/hosts replacing astroarch with something else, on reboot it should be reachable by the new name.local
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stefan
9 months 3 weeks ago #93783
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 17
9 months 3 weeks ago #93784
  • Thank you received: 34
Stefan, did you tried the latest version of Collimation Circles 2.1.1 with Always on top setting?

>>Tested CollimationCircles with AstroArch. It seems, that CC can't show itself over the liveview window of EKOS. So the circles won't be seen. Made a workaround and startet
>>CollimationCircles under windows and it shows itself over the AstroArch VNC-Session.
>>Regards
>>Stefan
9 months 3 weeks ago #93808
Hi Simon,
I will have a chance to take a look at that at the weekend.
Regards
Stefan
9 months 3 weeks ago #93817
  • Thank you received: 33
I downloaded the latest version of Astroarch yesterday (1.6.0) and gave it a try. While Kstars works on the initial install, but after I run update-astroarch ,Kstars fails to load with the error message
Error while loading the shared library libwcs.so.7: cannot open shared object file : no such file or directory

Can anyone help please?
Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
8 months 2 weeks ago #94649
Hi!

One of the lib used to compile kstars has been updated and I need to recompile Kstars to make it working.
I am still abroad with no access to my build machine, so please do not update for now. I should be back and release Kstars and ekos 2.0.3 by August 25th.

Thanks,
Mattia
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroMuni
Last edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by Mattia.
8 months 2 weeks ago #94650
I also noticed that when you attempt to create a swap file, the command
"sudo sysctl -p"
fails because it cant find the file sysctl.conf. Could you fix that as well please.
Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
Last edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by AstroMuni.
8 months 2 weeks ago #94736
Thanks for reporting this, will talk with my friend who was implementing the swap and will report back
8 months 2 weeks ago #94737
Hi all,

I just released indi 2.0.3 and Kstars 3.6.6 for AstroArch, feel free to update and report back any issue (if any)

@astromuni the command for the swap sysctl -p is wrong and can be omitted, a reboot is enough to make it working

PS: I have an issue with is becoming important with time, announcing important news and updates in a lot of places, between the indi forum, facebook, discord and telegram it's hard to have anyone sync on important events (bugged lib, new versions), I'd like to use a single channel moving forward which would be discord so that VERY important things may be shared only in one place and everyone will be up to date, thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avocette, Stefan, AstroMuni
8 months 5 days ago #95127
Just a Suggestion: Are you planning to have a webpage (even the github page will do). That could be a better place to make important announcements as not all folk use Discord. For further discussions platforms like discord work well.
Clear Skies,
Pramod

8 months 5 days ago #95129
yes! that's on the roadmap, I just bought the domain for now astroarch.me but since I suck totally at web development, I am not sure about a real ETA :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroMuni
8 months 5 days ago #95131
Nice, that sounds great.

Even if I'm not a AstroArch user, I follow this thread with great interest. But I found out on this forum that lots of people are not aware of your distribution and also that it is not proposed in the INDI web site in this page . That would offer so much more audience if that would be in. Maybe you can ask Jasem to add it.

Valentin
150P and 72ED with ASI 071 MC pro
Guiding with qhy 5L-II-m and ASI 178MC
HEQ5 pro with EqMod
Kstars Ekos on lenovo thinkcenter with Linux Mint 21
8 months 5 days ago #95132
Moderators: Mattia
Time to create page: 1.252 seconds