INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Sudden problems with plate solving Kstars 3.6.8

• Thank you received: 12
I have tried with the differential check nox checked and without. And Ive tried to sync instead of reslew.

My model is over 300 points, and my polar alignment is spot on. The pointing is not perfect, but usually gets the object close to center in TSX. Where the model helps the most is unguided, or in the reduction in the amount of corrections needed in guiding.

Is there a way to go back to 2 versions ago? Seems like it started with the the last two point releases. Did these changes regarding differential slew go in in the past two point releases?

Thanks much to all who have replied.

Bryan
3 months 4 weeks ago #97843

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I made a whole reply, but now I dont see it. Anyway, I've tried with and without tje differential slew checkbox. I dont know if I had it checked before, but I think I did because I have the paramount.

My model had over 300 points, and helps significantly for tracking with the supermodel. For pointing its not perfect as it wont completely center the object, but it will usually be close to the center.

Is there a way to revert to 2 point releases ago? That is when it seemed to start. Prior to that ai had zero issues with the workflow of platesolve and recenter, and using that in the scheduler.
Did something change in those releases in regard to the differential slew? If im reading this correctly it did.
3 months 4 weeks ago #97844

wtf, now I see my reply. Well now you get two similar responses
3 months 4 weeks ago #97845

• Thank you received: 74
Brian wrote: Is there a way to revert to 2 point releases ago? That is when it seemed to start. Prior to that ai had zero issues with the workflow of platesolve and recenter, and using that in the scheduler.

Well, it could be a coincidence, but there is probability, that my PR (-> www.indilib.org/forum/ekos/14087-alignme...sn-t-work.html#97387 ) is the root of the problem. Chances are, that it triggered some code, which at least seems suspicious. For now I can't say anything for sure. I'll keep at it.
Last edit: 3 months 4 weeks ago by Toni Schriber.
3 months 4 weeks ago #97846

I don’t think that’s it. Because rotator didn’t work back then.
3 months 4 weeks ago #97848

Anyone know how to revert? The moon is waning. It would also be good to see if the older version works as before to verify this issue.

The only other thing I can do is turn off my model in TSX and set it to sync and build model in EKOS and see if that works.
3 months 4 weeks ago #97849

I think your best option would be to save your ekos profile and rebuild an older version of stellarmate. Might be worth doing it on a separate card.

If you go to the downloads section I think it has the different revisions.
3 months 4 weeks ago #97851

Thanks for that suggestion. In my case Im running an AMD mini pc with ubuntu and have Kstars/indi installed from the repository. Maybe I could remove, and find a deb somewhere.
3 months 4 weeks ago #97853

There is definitely a way to request old versions via apt-get.

Worth a search.
3 months 4 weeks ago #97855

• Thank you received: 74
Hi Bryan, Hi Chris
I'm quite sure now, that my PR www.indilib.org/forum/ekos/14087-alignme...sn-t-work.html#97387 introduced a regression causing your problems.
I've put a new PR, which reverts the faulty changes. I hope Jasem can merge and backport as soon as possible.
So please wait with a big alteration of your otherwise working systems. I'm really sorry for the inconveniences!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bryan Ramsey, Chris Madson
3 months 3 weeks ago #97868

Don’t be. Systems like this are hard to manage.

It’s snowing here anyway.
3 months 3 weeks ago #97869

Thanks! Im just glad its fixable, and that open source exists!! If the problem were on the paramount side with TSX, it may never be fixed

Thanks again

Will it just be a new release of kstars-bleeding?

Bryan
3 months 3 weeks ago #97881

Time to create page: 1.079 seconds