INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Missing timestamp in FITS Header

• Thank you received: 19
OK.

Managed to "make" a script with the right pathes and stuff. Now...

What exactly does this script, as it is written in the link, do?

I mean my files are copied to the output foler, but nothing happened to the line with the datestamp...

And when i "read" the script i can not find a part, where it says it does anything to any file...

This "SED-Line" you guys posted above, do i use it in the script? And if yes, where?

And do i have to write this <code> or not?
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by the.cakemaker.
5 years 4 months ago #32615

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
sed is a unix command that can be used instead of the script for PixInsight. You can safely ignore both comments about sed if you decide to use the PixInsight script which I recommend you do.

Wouter
5 years 4 months ago #32616

OK. I´d like to do so but i do not know where to write what i want to be changed in the script...
I know, you guys are into coding but unfortunately i am absolutely not...
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
5 years 4 months ago #32617

• Thank you received: 168
If the files are copied that means the script completed normally and found the keyword in them (it doesn't write out files that don't have the specified keyword), it doesn't touch the original files so make sure you check the new files. It should also print the new timestamps to process console while doing so, something like:
Reading image:
X:/indi/2018-09-19/Light/Red/Light_Red_60_secs_2018-09-19T23-53-25_028.fits
47 FITS keywords extracted.
Reading FITS image: 16-bit integers, 1 channel(s), 3326x2504 pixels: done
2018-09-19T20:52:15.287
X:/indi/2018-09-19/Light/Red/Light_Red_60_secs_2018-09-19T23-53-25_028.fits

Writing file:
X:/indi/2018-09-19/Light/Red/test/Light_Red_60_secs_2018-09-19T23-53-25_028.fits
** Warning: Deprecated format: FITS
47 FITS keywords embedded.
Writing FITS image: 16-bit unsigned integers, 1 channel(s), 3326x2504 pixels: done
53 FITS keywords extracted.

The original file has:
DATE-OBS= '2018-09-19T20:52:15.287Z' / UTC start date of observation
and the copied one has:
DATE-OBS= '2018-09-19T20:52:15.287' / UTC start date of observation
which comet align happily accepts.

The script is very simple, it finds all the xisf/fits files on input directory, loads them one by one, goes through their keywords and if it finds the specified (DATE-OBS), it strips the last character off and then writes the file to output directory.
5 years 4 months ago #32618

GREAT!

It worked now! I thank you so much this will save me a world of time!

I´d like to understand how this works but i have no idea. In this script there is nowhere something written about this z or anything where i think, ok, thats the line that makes the change...

Maybe you could explain? But nevermind, i am really happy now! THANKS!

Cheers
Niki
5 years 4 months ago #32620

• Thank you received: 168
This is the line that copies the timestamp minus last character (not Z specifically) :
let time = k[j].strippedValue.slice(0,-1)
Where k is the keyword table, k[j] is the DATE-OBS keyword found and slice(0,-1) takes part of it from beginning to one character before end. The timestamp keyword in the table is then replaced with this shortened one and the file is written out.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Jarno Paananen.
5 years 4 months ago #32621

AAAHHH OK. So you just delete the latest letter, not especially the Z.

Now i understand (at least a tiny amount of that code)

Tanx :-)

Niki
5 years 4 months ago #32624

Hey again. I forgott to get back to you because auf the new version for mac. I indeed installed it and it was up and running, but unfortunately, when it came to platesolving, it did not work...

Since i had a great starry night i decided to use the old version, where platesolving was ok.

I will have a try if the Z still remains when taking pictures with the ne version soon.

Thanks
Niki
5 years 4 months ago #32625

New Problem... What to do if there is no fits-header at all?
In the pictures of my new Canon EOS-R, there seems to be no information....
So comet-align will not work...

Ideas?

cheers
Niki
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by the.cakemaker.
5 years 4 months ago #33053

Time to create page: 0.655 seconds