INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New Internal Solver for Mac, Windows, and Linux -- Testing/ Experiments needed

• Thank you received: 18
just as you described ... works perfectly thank-you.
3 years 6 months ago #61709

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 6
Ok, git pull of both StellarSolver and Kstars/Ekos 20 minutes ago. Rpi4 4G astroberry. The StellarSolver Tester works very well.

Ekos, Align module crashes consistently right after capturing / loading the image. Internal SEP | Internal Solver | 4 - ParallelSmallScale

It would be useful if I could find any setting combination (Internal Solver or ASTAP or Astrometry) that could solve. Right now I get crashes or no solutions.

Thanks.
3 years 6 months ago #61788

Progress !

Since I have all the external index files and I just noticed the "Load all indexes in Memory" is checked in Options Profile Editor.
I am forcing Ekos to run out of memory -- Crash!

Now that it works on the bench we must see it work in the field.

But Yay, progress.
3 years 6 months ago #61791

• Thank you received: 813
So we were doing some testing on a pi last night and found that there were 2 things that seemed to really be causing the internal solver to crash on the pi, the load all indexes option and not downsampling enough. We found that downsampling by 4 along with not loading all the indexes worked great. We are thinks a default profile specific to the pi is a good idea.
3 years 6 months ago #61792

Totally agree. Thanks for the downsample 4 tip I'll try it - as with just 1;1 it is hit or miss (mostly miss).
3 years 6 months ago #61794

3 years 6 months ago #61795

• Thank you received: 226
It would seem that there is a use for 8Gb of Ram on the new Pi4 after all! If only to load all indexes into memory.
3 years 6 months ago #61802

Wouldn't you need a 64-bit OS to get to 8Gb ? I'm waiting for a stable 64-bit for the Rpi4.
3 years 6 months ago #61803

• Thank you received: 182
Ubuntu 20 makes full use of the 8GB in the new Pi4.
3 years 6 months ago #61804

Cool. Maybe I'll snag another Rpi4 to test with. Kstars OK compiled for 64-bit?

So as to stay on topic, StellarSolver OK with 64-bit compile?
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Jack. Reason: Further thought
3 years 6 months ago #61806

3 years 6 months ago #61808

I had no problems with building Kstars from the sources, including Stellar Solver, until this morning. I am now consistently getting the same error. Just rebuilt INDI from the source as well, but makes no difference.

How can I fix this?

[ 12%] Building CXX object kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/ekos/capture/rotatorsettings.cpp.o
[ 12%] Building CXX object kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/ekos/capture/customproperties.cpp.o
[ 12%] Building CXX object kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/ekos/analyze/analyze.cpp.o
[ 12%] Building CXX object kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/ekos/scheduler/schedulerjob.cpp.o
[ 12%] Building CXX object kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/ekos/scheduler/scheduler.cpp.o
[ 14%] Building CXX object kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/ekos/scheduler/mosaic.cpp.o
[ 14%] Building CXX object kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/ekos/focus/focus.cpp.o
[ 14%] Building CXX object kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/ekos/mount/mount.cpp.o
[ 14%] Building CXX object kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/ekos/align/align.cpp.o
[ 14%] Building CXX object kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/ekos/align/opsastrometry.cpp.o
[ 14%] Building CXX object kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/ekos/align/opsalign.cpp.o
/home/ubuntu/Projects/kstars/kstars/kstars/ekos/align/align.cpp: In member function ‘void Ekos::Align::startSolving()’:
/home/ubuntu/Projects/kstars/kstars/kstars/ekos/align/align.cpp:3228:45: error: ‘finished’ is not a member of ‘StellarSolver’
3228 | connect(solver, &StellarSolver::finished, solver, &StellarSolver::deleteLater);
| ^~~~~~~~
[ 14%] Building CXX object kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/ekos/align/opsprograms.cpp.o
make[3]: *** [kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/build.make:1604: kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/ekos/align/align.cpp.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1348: kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1326: kstars/CMakeFiles/kstars.dir/rule] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:500: kstars] Error 2
3 years 6 months ago #61810

Time to create page: 0.876 seconds