INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AstroPi3 Scripts revised

• Thank you received: 17
Hi Nelly,

could you be more specific with your issue ?

1st : what kind of hardware do have ? A Raspberry ?

2nd : what script did you use ? This Script ?

If yes, I might see why there's no EKOS in Kstars. According to my understanding, this script builds all the INDI, Kstars/Ekos librairies and softwares. And I have already faced this issue (Kstars without EKOS) when I first starts to build Kstars with QtCreator. There was an issue with the required librairy kdoctools-dev. And when I compiled Kstars, I successfully builded the software but without EKOS. If I remember well, I found out the librairy kdoctools-dev is not OK, and must be replaced by libkf5doctools-dev. I am not yet sure about this as I have not used any script but instead I took some ideas from the Ubuntu script and have used ppa to get INDI and Kstars.

Do you have any logs or any error messages from the build of Kstars ?

Valentin
150P and 72ED with ASI 071 MC pro
Guiding with qhy 5L-II-m and ASI 178MC
HEQ5 pro with EqMod
Kstars Ekos on lenovo thinkcenter with Linux Mint 21
1 year 1 month ago #91378

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 17
Btw, maybe this issue might come from the builds of INDI core and INDI 3rd-party librairies as well, regarding the issue with the required librairy libkf5doctools-dev instead of kdoctools-dev.
150P and 72ED with ASI 071 MC pro
Guiding with qhy 5L-II-m and ASI 178MC
HEQ5 pro with EqMod
Kstars Ekos on lenovo thinkcenter with Linux Mint 21
1 year 1 month ago #91379

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Jean-Luc on topic AstroPi3 Scripts revised

Hello,
Sorry for my very basic english. Not my native language, and learnt at school a couple of decades ago.
For some unknown reason, my latest and first post on this forum was discarded. No matter.
I ran the script on a 8 GB RPI on which I installed Ubuntu mate 22.04 - a bit different from what I have been accustomed to, but works flawlessly.
I never used kstars before, but there again I am learning lmittle by little and I intend to come here if I face problems that I cannot solve by myself.
For now, what I cannot solve is how I could have my GPS module recognized by the system. It is a Micnova module that works fine together with my DSLRs, however it is not dtected at all when connected to the RPI.
Any hint welcome.
Best regards,
J.-Luc
10 months 1 week ago #93459

• Thank you received: 69
I'm not familiar with that unit. Searching the internet suggested to me they connect directly to the DSLR. Is your unit a USB A device?
10 months 1 week ago #93462

Hello,
The unit has a mini-usb connector, so I could connect it to the PI via a USB-A/miniusb cable.
When switched on, it started to blink then lit still, as when satellites are acquired. So I thought it could be a matter of some speed / duplex / etc. settings to have it recognized by the system.
But, afterall, it might be only a DSLR dedicated device - though I wonder why the maker would have bothered with making things unnecessary difficult.
I hope I will be luckier with this one .
Regards,
10 months 1 week ago #93481

In addition to that, It seems that some changes did happen since then : vcgencmd seems need sudo privileges to achieve, so in order to have the temperature displayed, I had to add the current user to the video group from the terminal :
sudo usermod -a -G video pi_user
and after a reboot the temperature finally displayed.
Rgrds,
Last edit: 10 months 1 week ago by Jean-Luc.
10 months 1 week ago #93483

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic AstroPi3 Scripts revised

I've encountered this issue while compiling INDI drivers with the script.
Scanning dependencies of target indi_rpicam
[ 95%] Building CXX object indi-rpicam/CMakeFiles/indi_rpicam.dir/indi_rpicam.cpp.o
[ 95%] Linking CXX executable indi_rpicam
/usr/bin/ld: /opt/vc/lib/libmmal_core.so: error adding symbols: file in wrong format
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [indi-rpicam/CMakeFiles/indi_rpicam.dir/build.make:144: indi-rpicam/indi_rpicam] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:3864: indi-rpicam/CMakeFiles/indi_rpicam.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:171: all] Error 2
10 months 1 week ago #93496

• Thank you received: 812
Just to clarify, what specific OS are you building it on and which script are you using? It sounds like you are trying to build with an object file designed for a different architecture or version of GCC. I am wondering if the wrong file was built by a different GCC on your own system, whether it was copied from a binary file in the INDI or INDI 3rd Party repositories, or if something else is going on.
10 months 1 week ago #93505

Jean Luc, for which system/script did you need to add that command for the temperature?
10 months 1 week ago #93506

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic AstroPi3 Scripts revised

Linux 11 (Bullseye) aarch64
6.1.34-v8+
A little sleuthing on google only informed me that libmmal_core.so is not supported on 64bit os.
10 months 1 week ago #93507

Hello Rob,
The process was made using setupUbuntuSBC.sh, which I thought was the good one to use for a RPI4 with Ubuntu 22.04 + Mate, according to the instructions found here .
Someone in a thread mentionned that vcgencmd had to be invoked with su privileges, and in antoher thread I found the tip about video group.
I must add - it was in the first post of mine, that was discarded - that one of my first acts when installing ubuntu is getting rid of snaps.
I just hope this did not cause this problem, together with another one I discovered : no /boot/config.txt file.
Rgrds,
Last edit: 10 months 1 week ago by Jean-Luc.
10 months 1 week ago #93509

Thanks Andrew and Jean-Luc for the updates

Andrew were you able to resolve it? Perhaps for 64 bit systems, the INDI Rpicam driver's cmakelists needs to be revised so that it installs differently. Apparently, according to this post, it can stream with a different input from the raspberry pi camera.

github.com/jacksonliam/mjpg-streamer/issues/296

Thoughts?
10 months 1 week ago #93514

Time to create page: 0.803 seconds