INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AstroArch - yet another raspberry distro for astrophotography for ARM64

• Thank you received: 107
Hi all,

I just released version 1.6 which brings in a couple of fix and some QOL improvements in addition to some new software. Also, I am now on discord with AstroArch, should you need direct support or wanna just drop a "hello" feel free to join discord.gg/uJEQCZKBT8

you can find the changelog here => github.com/devDucks/astroarch/releases/tag/v1.6.0

to update simply run `update-astroarch` and your machine should update automatically

Couple of notes about the RTC; I am no expert in that field but from my test, if you pull the changes coming from 1.6 the only needed thing to make a RTC working and sync the time on boot is adding the rtc device name to the `i2c-rtc` dtoverlay in `/boot/config.txt`
I added a special section in the AstroArch guide here github.com/devDucks/astroarch#how-to-add-a-rtc

I reworked the guide with an initial structure so that finding the right information should be easier now.

An issue with time not syncing from network has been reported to me by 2 users, should you have the same issue I added also a section to the guide to solve the problem github.com/devDucks/astroarch#my-time-is...ork-what-should-i-do

Should you have any issue feel free to reach out! time to work on next improvements!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Archer, Avocette
11 months 1 week ago #92919
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 19
Mattia,
After updating to AstroArch 1.06 KStars fails to launch as does AstriDMx. However PHD works fine, any idea's

Thanks

Alan
11 months 1 week ago #92933
Hi Alan, if you launch kstars from the terminal what error do you get?
11 months 1 week ago #92934
ok I see the issue, it seems that libgslcblas is missing and this is caused by archlinux.org/todo/libgslcblas-removal/

I need to recompile and ship kstars, it should be ready in 40-50 minutes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Archer
11 months 1 week ago #92935
all good folks, recompiled kstars and stellarsolver and everything should work again; please update with
sudo pacman -Syu
or
update-astroarch

Alan, AstroDMx is working for me, it takes a while to load but it starts, are you still having trouble with it?
11 months 1 week ago #92936
  • Thank you received: 19
Mattia,
Kstars is working now, but not AstroDMx. The icon on the desktop is just a grey generic rectangular icon. However I have got it working by downloading the Tarball and installing it manually and the icons are now correct

Thanks for your prompt assistance

Alan
11 months 1 week ago #92943
that's weird, need to look into that once I'm back.

When I tried to upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6 I ended up with the normal icon (penguin etc) for AstroDmx, maybe something went off somewhere
11 months 6 days ago #92952
  • Thank you received: 17
Hi Mattia,
I was able to install AstroArch on RPI 4 8Gig and updated to version 1.6.
RTC Modul is intgrated.
Some strange effects here:
- the system doesn't start from a usb ssd. Image
- KStars is running but it won't set the language to 'German'
- AstroDMx link is'nt functional (as Alan noticed before)
- when I change the background image the default one will be restored after reboot
Thanks for your work on AstroArch
Stefan
11 months 6 days ago #92956
Attachments:
Hi Stefan!

- Kstars DE translation - I really need to have a look, I must admit I never tried to set a language other than english
- for the desktop background I have some ifeasy, I made a script to setup the wallpaper on the first boot, I may have left the script enabled and that may cause the issue you see
- astrodmx: should be an easyfix once I get back and will try to update
- for the SSD, I was able to boot from a USB which should be very similar, what steps did you take to make the ssd bootable? You must change 2 files to make an external volume bootable. If you haven't changed anything lemme know and I'll guide you through the needed changes (soon to be added to the readme)
11 months 6 days ago #92957
  • Thank you received: 50
Hi Mattias,

Quote "- for the SSD, I was able to boot from a USB which should be very similar, what steps did you take to make the ssd bootable? You must change 2 files to make an external volume bootable. If you haven't changed anything lemme know and I'll guide you through the needed changes (soon to be added to the readme) "

I look forward to that!
Many thanks,
Ed
11 months 6 days ago #92962
  • Thank you received: 17
I made an image of the system (that resides on an micro sd card) and initialized the usb ssd with it.
That was the way it worked with astroberry. Didn't change anything else.
Would be glad, if you have any idea to make that ssd bootable. It's a huge performance difference from sd to ssd with RPI.
11 months 6 days ago #92963
Hi folks!

So the best way to boot AstroArch from a removable storage is the following.

1) flash the image to the USB/HDD/SDD the same way you would flash to a SD card
2) insert your disk into your PC and you should see 2 partitions (not sure on Windows you can see the root partition which is an ext4)
3) in the smallest one EDIT the file cmdline.txt and replace mmcblk0p2 with sda2
4) in the biggest partition open the file /etc/fstab and replace mcblk0p1with sda1 and mmcblk0p2 with sda2
5) remove your disk from your PC And plug into the raspberry
6) boot and enjoy :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avocette, Stefan
11 months 5 days ago #92972
Moderators: Mattia
Time to create page: 1.208 seconds