is there a way to dither with ekos, without actually auto guiding . such as for my cem60-ec mount with encoder that doesn't need guiding for the shorter exposure/focal length imaging .
sgp can do it with direct mount guiding, astroimager can do it by sending bumps to the mount for definable milliseconds.
i am on sm 1.4 and still can't get it to communicate out the the internet. I can connect to it locally just fine.
how to I add a dns entry ??
I get an error message when trying to retrieve my serial number and license key
0 syntax error, unexpected '->' (T_OBJECT_OPERATOR)
is this going to be an app for iOS that I can run on my iPad that would wirelessly talk to the stellarmate connected to my telescope ??
the photo looks like it is running on android ?? will you launch on iOS at same time ??
so you are using the internal guider ??
what usb bandwidth are you using for the asi1600 ?? i am using a asi183 mm pro .
I prefer the idea of running everything on the pi, if it can do it effectively !!!!
then there is also the IOS app coming pretty soon I read !!
1. So is the best practice to run kstars and ekos on my MacBook or is it best to launch kstars on the pi and control it through the vnc ??
when I tried it running on my MacBook, the focusing seemed pretty slow and a bit unstable, in this case are the image files taken for focussing being transmitted over the wifi to the ekos on the MacBook, if so this it seems it would be a lot slower than having those files go to the pi through usb2.
2. will ekos pull the gps location and time from the gps puck built into my Ioptron Cem-60 ??
3. if I want to do plate solving at a dark site, with unreliable internet and run ekos on the pi and control through vnc do I have to download astrometry files onto the pi, or are they already there ??
4. my cem60 has a built in non powered usb2 hub on the dec saddle, should it work ok to connect a powered usb hub to the pi and then the usb2 hub built into the cem-60 mount to the powered hub ??
5. could I use the polar alignment tool to do the alignment while using the pole master as the alignment camera ???
6. can ekos do dithering without setting up a guide camera and scope ?? since my cem60 is the encoder version when imaging at F/2 with my C8 hyper star and I don't really need any guiding, simplifying and speeding up the setup time, but I still should probably dither.
7. any other tips/tricks or common issues I might need to know ?